Dr. Sahat M. Panggabean as An Assistant Deputy for the Environment and Maritime Disaster, the Indonesian Coordinating Ministry for Maritime Affairs said,
"The Coordinating Ministry for Maritime Affairs will always support the acceleration of mangrove management in a sustainable way based on environmental and community approaches".
Faculty of Biology, Jenderal Soedirman University (UNSOED) in collaboration with the Coordinating Ministry for Maritime Affairs through the Deputy for the Coordination of Natural Resources and Services (SDAJ) and supported by the Ministry of Environment and Forestry, and the Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education held an ICoMIRE (International Conference of Mangroves and its Related Ecosystems) Workshop 2019 on Monday to Tuesday, 19 to 20 August 2019. This event took place at the Hall of the Java Heritage Hotel, Purwokerto. This workshop is one of the 2019 ICoMIRE (International Conference of Mangrove and its Releated Ecosystem) events. The workshop was carried out before the opening of the Conference. The ICoMIRE Workshop had the theme "On Sustainable Mangrove Management with Ecosystem Based Approach; Indonesian Conversation Effort and Rehabilitation Portrait". The workshop was attended by 50 participants from various institutions and universities.
The workshop invited speakers from various ministries and organizations. It was divided into two sessions, the first session discussed on the direction of mangrove ecosystem management policies and the second session provided a practical experience on mangrove data analysis using Primary v7 software. In the first session there were five presentations from different institutions, namely:
1. The Policy of Mangrove Ecosystem Rehabilitations by Director for Water and Land from Ministry of Environment and Forestry,
2. Acceleration of Mangrove Ecosystem Recovery by Assistant Deputy for Maritime Disaster and Environment from Coordinating Ministry for Maritime Affairs,
3. Research and Analysis to Support Mangrove Management Policy by Dean of Faculty of Biology of UNSOED,
4. Mangrove Conservation Policy in Essential Ecosystem Platform by Director for Essential Ecosystem Management from Ministry of Environment and Forestry, and
5. Best Practices of Sustainable Mangrove Management by Director of Wetland International-IP.